PROVIDING YOU WITH ALL THE BEST BETS
The Cheltenham Champion bumper is one of the only National Hunt flat races to take place during the festival. At 2 miles ½ furlong the race is only open to horses aged between 4 and 6 years old. It is a Grade 1 race and is the most prestigious Bumper race in the National Hunt Calendar. Ruby Walsh is the most successful jockey in this race, having won it 3 times. Notable horses to win the race are Ballyandy, Moon Racer, Champagne Fever and Envoi Allen.
The Champion Bumper is not the best for favourite backers, although Envoi Allen did win it last year going off 2-1fav. Fav’s are 2-12 in this race and top 3 in the betting are 5-12. Jockey bookings are a significant indicator for The Champion Bumper, Jamie Codd & gordon Elliot ar 2/2 in this race, whilst Patrick Mullens & Willie Mullens are 2/11 +27.14 BSP
Appreciate it looks like a very strong contender for this race. He’s currently best price 2-1 having been slashed from 16-1 after his last race. It’s likely that he’ll be ridden by Patrick Mullens. He is looking very short in the betting now and I’d be looking to get something with a bit more value on the day.
- Goffs Future Stars (C & G) I.N.H. Flat Race - 1st Feb Watch
- Paddy Power Games ´One For The Road´ Flat Race - 27th Dec Watch
- Willie Elliott Memorial (Pro/Am) Flat Race - 30th Nov Watch
Energumene & Five Bar Brian
Energumene was fancied for this race last year and at 33-1 he´d be worth having one of your £5 free bets on. Five Bar Brian is trained by Mullens and falls into the same category.
- 25 of the previous 27 winners won their last race
- 2 of the last 12 favorites winners were favourite, 5/12 winners were in the top 3 in the betting
- 13 of the last 14 winners were aged between 5 and 6 years old
- 4 year old horses are 1 from 56 in this race since 2000
- 6 of the last 10 winners were priced between 14-1 and 40-1